Dr. A.P.J. Abdul Kalam energized the nation with the idea of Vision 2020 for making India as a superpower through economic growth, inclusive development and strategic superiority. This is an important idea for the nation, given by him two decades ago. Unfortunately, five years before 2020, he went on a journey to heavenly abode and left behind responsibility for all of us to work towards fulfilling his dream.
To remember the vision of Dr. Kalam, the theme of Dr. A.P.J. Abdul Kalam Summit on Innovation in Governance 2020 is “KIGA 2020: Pathways to New Millennium.”
Distinctive profile of the nation
- A Nation where the rural and urban divide has reduced to a thin line.
- A Nation where there is an equitable distribution and adequate access to energy and quality water.
- A Nation where agriculture, industry and service sector work together in symphony.
- A Nation where education with value system is not denied to any meritorious candidates because of societal or economic discrimination.
- A Nation, which is the best destination for the most talented scholars, scientists, and investors.
- A Nation where the best of health care is available to all.
- A Nation where the governance is responsive, transparent and corruption free.
- A Nation where poverty has been totally eradicated, illiteracy removed and crimes against women and children are absent and none in the society feels alienated.
- A Nation that is prosperous, healthy, secure, devoid of terrorism, peaceful and happy and continues with a sustainable growth path.
- A Nation that is one of the best places to live in and is proud of its leadership.